Monday, June 15, 2009

How Facebook Helped Me to Lose Weight

There is nothing like having to see old classmates to get some people motivated to lose weight. So at the beginning of March, I made a note on my facebook page that I update every day with what I eat. All my old classmates and current friends could check my progress and give me encouragement or scold me if I get off my plan. When I first started this the weight was just falling off. I thought that the following month I would add a "public" exercise journal as the next step but I didn't. I was just lazy about it but I still think it would have been a good idea. However I am exercising regularly so that's all good. As of today I am now down 26 pounds although I am no longer putting my food log on facebook. The amount and type of food I eat is pretty much ingrained in my brain now that I used facebook for two months as a starting point. My husband is working on himself too and he's lost about 54 so far. Men, they always have to top you but he's really looking good. It's difficult to start this journey because you don't want people to see you fail but at the same time, you think twice about what you put in your mouth because you know it's going to go on display. It's worked better than any other plan I've ever tried, that's for sure. Public humiliation is a great motivator.

No comments:

Post a Comment